Choosing when your EPA property starts

Choosing when your EPA for Property starts

 You must choose whether your EPA begins when:

  • you’re still mentally capable, or
  • you’ve become mentally incapable, that is a doctor has decided that you’re no longer able to make decisions for yourself.

If your EPA begins while you’re still mentally capable, it means that your attorney can begin to act when you want or need them to.

If your EPA only starts once you’ve become mentally incapable. Your attorney needs to wait until a doctor or the Family Court has declared that you’re mentally incapable.

Ask BeQuest about its FREE lawyer consultation

Category: Power of Attorney POA

Leave a Comment:

Leave a Comment: